Someone asked me the 10 books that have most influenced me the most in life. Besides the Bible, that list would include...
1. Hank Handegraph's Counterfeit Revival
2. Jonathan Edward's Religious Affections (I had a little Pentecostal bent in my early years)
3. The Biographies of George Whitfield by Dallimore & Ryle
4. RJ Rushdoony's Institutes of Biblical Law
5. The Westminster Confession and the Larger & Shorter Catechisms (with Vos',Ridgely's Williamson's commentaries).
6. Preaching Christ from the Old Testament by Sydney Greidanus
7. Christ Centered Preaching by Bryan Chapel
8. What is Reformed Theology? by RC Sproul
9. The Trinity Hymnal
10. The PCA book of Church Order. (Yes. It was that life changing.)
Other important books include...
The biography of John Knox entitled Trumpeter of God.
Berkhof's Systematic Theology
Matthew Henry's Commentary
Charles Bridge's Commentary on the Book of Proverbs
Joel Osteen's Your Best Life Now (just kidding. Wanted to see if you were paying attention)
The sermons of Alistair Begg, George Robertson, and Adrian Rogers (not a book, but very much formative)
Kindled Fire is dedicated
to the preaching and teaching ministry of
Matt is blessed to be a husband, father, and pastor in Ashland, Ohio.